SGMHS HONOR CODE POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
BEING WOMEN OF MISSION
SGMHS regards discipline as an aspect of adolescent development and as a purpose of promoting in the student genuine psycho-social development. The ultimate purpose of the policies and practices is to create students who are well adjusted and reflective. The school commits itself to the belief that all students have the right to learn in a distraction free environment and can achieve their potential academically, spiritually, morally, physically and socially. Therefore, as educators our commitment is to enhance the learning experience inside and outside the by focusing on what we expect from our Women of Mission.
A WOMAN OF MISSION
· Is a good person, someone to look up to and admire.
· Knows the difference between right and wrong and always tries to do the right thing.
· Sets a good example for everyone.
· Makes the world a better place.
· Lives according to the “FIVE ISOs”:
1. SGMHS should be a a place of peace! Respect your classmates, teacher, yourself, classroom and your school. Let’s all try to make this a safe & positive place to learn about ourselves, each other, & God! Everyone’s thoughts, feelings and opinions matter!! Let’s also watch our language!
2. Let’s build community by working on our Integrity & Character! Abide by the rules of your class and school as well as all civil laws and archdiocesan policies.
3. Be Prepared and Motivated!!! Be ready and on time for all classes, assignments, and all other responsibilities.
4. Let’s listen closely to God, others, & ourselves so that we can be women of Depth!!! Your focused presence, awareness, and attention is expected in the classroom and anytime we are gathered as well as in any common areas. Leave any other distractions in your book bag or locker so we can all learn and search for Truth together.
Please contact the Vice Principal/Dean of Women, Ms. Padilla at ext 113 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about Student Life at SGMHS.