- SAT Prep: After school sessions offered by The Princeton Review is available to all students.
- College Guidance: Students receive assistance with the application process and admissions essays for universities.
- English writing and grammar tutoring after school (by appointment only): an on campus tutor is available to all international students. Each class also offers tutoring hours after school.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
SGMHS does not offer homestay for international students. It is the responsibility of the family to place the student with a family. No student is allowed to live independently regardless of age.
SGMHS does not work exclusively with any international student agency. If the student would like to work independently with an agency, it is their right to do so.
Tuition and fees for international students can be found in the documents below.
SGMHS does not require a TOEFL score. If the student has a score, please submit a copy of the results with your application. We base our decision for acceptance on the application, recommendation, and SKYPE interview. Please note that we do not offer any ESL or ELD courses, therefore the students English proficiency should be at an intermediate level. In addition, all first year international students should work with an English tutor for at least one semester.
SGMHS is not able to provide insurance for international students
All students must not be older than 19 years of age at time of graduation.
The following are the required documents to apply to SGMHS.
- Complete the online application
- Application Fee $120.00
- School Transcripts translated into English
- 2 Letters of Recommendation from current teachers
Once the applicant has submitted the above requirements, the Director of Admissions will schedule a SKYPE interview to assess the student’s English proficiency. If the school makes the decision to offer admission to the student, an acceptance packet will be sent either via email or to the U.S. guardian. Directions for applying for a new I-20 or transfer I-20 will be included.
The application process for the I-20 takes 2-4 weeks. Once the required documents are received from the applicant, the admissions office will submit the packet. The time frame after submission to receive the I-20 is approximately 2 weeks. Once the new I-20 is received by the guardian or student, the F-1 VISA process can begin.
For more information, please contact:
(626) 282-3181 x116