IBDP Application Requirements:
- Must have a 3.5 cumulative GPA.
- Must successfully complete Algebra II by the end of their sophomore year.
- Cannot have any D's or F's at the time of application or at the end of the second semester of sophomore year.
IBDP Application Process:
- Interested sophomores should complete and turn in IBDP applications (essays & parent consent form) to Dr. Callejas in room #217 by March 24th, 2017.
- Applicants will then be invited to participate in an interview conducted by an IB faculty member.
- All applications will be reviewed by current sophomore teachers. Teachers will then offer acceptance recommendations to administration.
- Acceptances will be based on essay responses, interviews, and teacher recommendations.
Students interested in enrolling in individual IB courses may do so pending teacher recommendation and counselor approval. Students who pass individual IB exams at the higher level (HL) level may possibly earn college credit depending on their score and university policy.
Updated Fees for 2016-2017:
Full IB Diploma Programme: $1,200 per year ( junior & senior year)
IB Exam fee: $284 per IB exam ( for students wishing to take individual IB courses and exams)
Please refer to SGMHS 2016-2017 calendar for application availability, deadlines and due dates, etc.