The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme is designed for juniors and seniors who seek an intellectually stimulating path of study. IBDP Candidates are placed in a cohort and participate in a series of rigorous courses. These two year courses are designed to allow for in-depth study and inquiry.
IB Diploma Programme Candidates must complete courses in six specific areas. Three must be completed at the standard level (SL), and three in the higher level (HL).
• Language A: Literature SL/HL
• Language B Language Acquisition: Spanish SL/HL or French ab initio SL
• Individuals and Societies: History of the Americas and World History SL/HL
• Mathematics: Math Studies SL or Math SL
• Sciences: Biology SL
• The Arts: Film Studies SL/HL or Visual Arts SL/HL
IB Diploma Programme Candidates must also complete:
Students interested in enrolling in independent IB courses (and not the full Diploma) may do so pending teacher recommendation and counselor approval.Students who pass individual IB exams at the higher level (HL) level may possibly earn college credit depending on their score and university policy.
For more specific information, please refer to the 2015-2016 San Gabriel Mission High School IB Handbook below or contact:
Dr. Callejas, Assistant Principal/IB Coordinator